Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Branging the 90s BIKE...haha part 1

Bringing the 90s back....

Photobucket

ya know, EVERYONE LOVES the 80s...i guess im an 80's baby, born in 82' however, as much as i love day-glow, snap bracelets, and...Well, i shouldn’t even have to mention how much i love the Transformers...i must say, the 90s as a whole really defined me...no one really likes to big up the 90s, its almost as if we went from 1989 str8 into the 00's...that quirky little decade in between took pop culture to entirely new heights...now, im not going to break down EVERYTHING in the 90s because, that'd take too long, and im @ work while writing this blog so yeah, we'll make this a list of things from the 90s that really mattered to "me"...haha

I LOVED THE 90S...

ok first, we HAVE to start w/ the kicks, i love dunks, and supras, and blah blah just like the rest of you sneaker heads out there, but the over saturation of the "sneaker head" phenom has left me to ? if i really even want to be associate w/ that any longer. w/ that said, heres to bringing back some CLASSIC shoes from my youth, that till this day, are the inspiration of alot of the kicks you love...first id like to thank the nike Air Raid (grey/blk)
Photobucket

Released in 1992…I was 10yrs old, grade school, this shoe was so dope…I remember it like yesterday, mom took me to Footlocker in Arlington for back to school kicks…now, we weren’t rich by any means, I typically got 1 pair of shoes to start school w/ then got another pair Christmas time, and if was lucky a pair for spring time(come to think about it, I used get kicks all throughout the school year) ah well, but yeah so she bought me these, then Christmas came, and I HAD to have them again…this was the first(certainly not the last) I bought two of the same shoes in the school year…prolly not a big deal to most, but for a 10yr old in Arlington, I was BALLIN hahahaaha…very dope shoe…

Remember when basketball shoes were the lick? The Penny’s, Jason Kidd’s, haha who remembers the Kevin Johnson converse Reacts w/ the Gel hahah don’t front like them CONS weren’t FRESH…that reminds me, im going to look for some of those jointsshoes in the 90s were ALL about basketball, was no such thing as “casual”…or “lifestyle” back then…we wont even go into the whole Jordan phenom…Until high school…when it became less about hoop sneaks, and more about fly ones…

Photobucket
To be cont…we’re going to talk about the cartoons of the 90s…word?..word…Just Will loves ya.

1 comment:

Sponky's Stuffs said...

So, it wasn't just a fashion for you, cause, as I understood "the second pair" was "lucky" for you.
(Sorry, my english too bad =/)
Now you can buy those sneakers that had when you were 10 years old....
I think it's not a problem))

P.S. I found my Blog! YEAH!
P.P.S Nice post :)